DJ DeeKay - In The Mix


Thursday, 8 January 2009

Fly Gypsy - The Ruler (From Malcolm To Barack)


I know I'm late on this. Dope shit. I wouldn't say it's remotely accurate to compare Obama to Malcolm though, but the track's nice. A demonstration of the potential of Hip-Hop.

"...And in my opinion, the young generation of whites, blacks, browns, whatever else there is, you're living at a time of extremism, a time of revolution, a time when there's got to be a change. People in power have misused it and now there has to be a change and a better world has to be built and the only way it's going to be built is with extreme methods. And I, for one, will join in with anyone, I don't care what color you are, as long as you want to change this miserable condition that exists on this earth." ( c ) Malcolm X

No comments: