DJ DeeKay - In The Mix


Thursday, 8 January 2009

"You don't wanna see me when it's midnight..." ( c ) Ghetto


Ghetto featuring Devlin - Buss 1

Because I know I could NEVER play this on no radio show. And I'm not sure I'd ever wanna: I'm one of those people who gets mad when I hear chat about grime and hip-hop are responsible for violence, but this shit... This shit is liable to increase the crime rate. I can see why it was banned from Kiss - if you tried to radio edit this, it'd be three minutes of entirely reversed shank and skeng bars.

Anyway, this was on Ghetto's "Freedom of Speech" mixtape that dropped last year. Which I put on for the first time in a few months last night, having forgotten how sick it is. How more people don't appreciate this as one of the best grime CDs to ever drop I don't understand.

No comments: