DJ DeeKay - In The Mix


Monday, 2 February 2009

The Saturdays

Evidently I don't pay enough attention to pop music, because I was barely aware of these girls until Christmas this year, and thought their most widely-known single, "Up", was actually by Girls Aloud. That single is a slice of pop perfection - high-quality production that could rival any American act, strong vocals and an infectious hook.

Oh and did I mention that they're so ridiculously fine? Now obviously that's not the reason that I made this post, but it certainly doesn't hurt. Here they are performing a cover of Madcon - "Beggin'" for the Live Lounge. Peep the vocals, this ain't no weak-ass (insert overproduced non-singing five-piece girl group name here) shit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A couple of them did this weird comedy singing thing in London a few months ago which I saw with my brother. They were not only good singers, but pretty funny and if I'd known they were part of this rather attractive band who have made a few catchy pop numbers, I might have made more of an effort to get in there with them afterwards!