DJ DeeKay - In The Mix


Monday, 28 September 2009

"I'm so in agony, look at the state of me // left here, broken..." ( c ) The Artist Formerly Known As Digga



McLean - Broken

Believe it or not, I first spun this tune in The Works in Birmingham, waaaay back when I first got hold of it in March 2007 during my first DJ set in the second city. Two and a half years later, the best UK R&B song of all time (yeah, I said it!) has a stunning video to accompany it, and a scheduled release on a major label.

Not feeling the name change if I'm being honest, but to quote something a History teacher once wrote on an essay of mine: "it would be churlish of me to criticise this". Ego boost and I learnt a new word, big up Mr Lewis! Umm and McLean/Digga obviously. I can't describe how glad I am that this tune is finally getting the exposure it deserves and hasn't just been forgotten.

No comments: