DJ DeeKay - In The Mix


Sunday, 8 November 2009

"Just take what you need, and be on your way, and stop crying your heart out..."



Oasis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out

This is my favourite Oasis song, so I was excited when I heard that Leona would be covering it for her forthcoming sophomore album Echo. Obviously in hindsight that excitement was ridiculous - the cover is genuinely horrible, and I shouldn't really have been expecting any different. Unsurprisingly, her vocals are incredible on this but they've raped and pillaged the raw emotion of the original and replaced it with a backing choir and cheap parlour tricks. Leona is an extraordinarily talented singer, this we know already. Personally I'd trade one of the octaves for just an ounce of actual soul.



Leona Lewis - Stop Crying Your Heart Out

No comments: