DJ DeeKay - In The Mix


Sunday, 8 August 2010

"I used up all of my tricks, I hope that you like this // but you probably won't, you think you're cooler than me..." ( c ) Mike Posner


Mike Posner - Cooler Than Me

Tolerate the 45secs of rubbish before the song actually starts (or skip past it). This is number six in the Billboard Hot 100 and I'm fairly sure if it gets a release over here, it's going to be a smash. Sounds very Radio 1 friendly, and actually a bit like the two Bruno Mars featuring hits that have dropped in the last couple of months.

And yet it's hard and is basically three minutes of strong pars. Posner's good, I've been listening to his album over the weekend and I'm quite impressed. Nice vocal tone, decent songwriter. Production treads the line between spacey/futuristic and 80s. He's worked with Labrinth, which is a pretty appropriate fit.

Oh and none of you girls ain't cooler than me, get outta here. Smiley face.

No comments: