DJ DeeKay - In The Mix


Thursday, 23 September 2010

Ruff Diamondz (Acoustic Showcase)


I foolishly slept on these girls for the longest time, mainly because as a grown-ass man, when I first saw them, their image just didn't appeal to me for whatever reason. With that said, I'd been hearing more and more about them over the past few months so when their mixtape was posted to me this week I gave it a spin out of sheer curiosity.

Turns out they're quite good. Tight vocals, relevant sound, good songs and a lot of industry support. As Chinners has pointed out to me on numerous occasions, the scene is pretty male-dominated at the moment but these girls could definitely rep for the ladies. You can peep the mixtape here.

Don't get it twisted though, I really like them, but that doesn't mean I co-sign Alright Stillll.

No comments: